Communication That Gets Results
What is effective communication?
Effective communication is about more than just exchanging information. It’s about understanding the emotion and intentions behind the information. As well as being able to clearly convey a message, you need to also listen in a way that gains the full meaning of what’s being said and makes the other person feel heard and understood.
Are you tired of the mountain of communications you receive and must send daily? Do you have trouble being heard or struggle to communicate your message, thoughts, ideas, or feelings? Do you want to become an influential communicator and have your message heard, understood, and acted on? Then this four-hour course is for you whether you're a leader, sales professional, or individual contributor!
Strong communication skills will make you more attractive and influential with your leader and peers. If you want to get anything done in today's often crazy work environment, it's more important than ever to have excellent communication and listening skills! If you lack these two skills, it will take longer to get what matters most done each day! Don't let vague communication create misunderstandings and missed opportunities. Learn how to:
- Improve your communication skills immediately to come off more attractive
- Become more analytical and purposeful when you communicate
- Make your communication more concise, and easy understand
- Improve the cooperative tone of your communication
- Listen better and use what you've heard to improve your communication and influence
- Choose the correct method for communication what you need (email, meeting, etc.)
- Customize your communication to your audience
- Improve the effectiveness of your electronic meetings
Listening is key to exchanging information successfully and key to your professional and personal life.
- The Importance of Understanding the Dynamics of Communication
- Are You Having Trouble Being Heard or Understood?
- Why Listening is Key to Exchanging Information Successfully and How to Improve Yours
- How to Improve Communication Skills
- Organizing and Planning Your Written Communication so It's More Effective (and How to Train Others)
- How to Plan and Execute Fewer and More Effective Meetings (Electronic)
- Developing Your Communication Improvement Action Plan